Installing and Testing PLOTTAB on OTHER Systems
The PLOTTAB package is available with executables for WINDOWS, LINUX and
MAC-OSX. For ALL OTHER Systems you have to create the
executables as follows.
- Download and save SOURCES to a
folder on your hard drive. The compressed file SOURCES.zip
contains a subfolder SOURCES. Decompress the files in this
subfolder into a subdirectory SOURECES within the folder
for PLOTTAB on your hard drive.
The SOURCES directory contains two sub-directories
SOURCES = Source code for PLOTTAB
RUN = Data files used by PLOTTAB.
- To create and move codes, the SOURCES directory includes a
number of BATCH (.BAT) files that illustrate how to create
PLOTTAB and PLOTSAVE.
The PLOTTAB coding is very conservative FORTRAN that should
Compile and run on most computers.
- After you create the executables, copy the executables
into the RUN directory.
- Open a command window and make this RUN folder
the default directory.
- To verify the installation, make sure that all eight of the
files listed below are in your RUN directory.
plottab = executable for on-screen graphics
plotsave = executable for hardcopy PostScript files
PAGE.DAT = on-line screen option menu
PLOT.CHR = software character tables
PLOT.SYM = software symbol tables
PLOTTAB.INP = input parameters
PLOTTAB.CUR = continuous curve data
PLOTTAB.PNT = point data
- Execute "plottab" - this will run the included test problem
to produce on-screen graphics.
- Execute "plotsave" – this will run the included test problem
to produce hardcopy Postscript files.
The results should be the same as those shown in the documentation.
If these disagree PLEASE notify the author or one of the
Author: Red Cullen