The Brookhaven National Nuclear Data Center maintains and distributes various programs in
support of the International Atomic Energy Agency sponsored
Nuclear Structure and Decay Data Network. These programs
generally use as input files in the Evaluated Nuclear Structure Data File (ENSDF)
The tab 'Test and Validation' contains new codes which are in beta versions or still under development and require further testing by the users. Bugs or other problems should be sent to the code developers at the email address indicated.
List of modifications:
- 2019-10 Consistency Check New version of the utility code replacing Pandora
- 2019-09 BrIccMixing minor change to solve installation issues
- 2019-09 GABS new version
The new version of GABS presented at the last NSDD meeting in Vienna.
The new code has three operation modes:
[F] - NR and BR will be obtained from a fit (using G`s marked with "X")
[C] - Calculate TI using NR and BR from the N-record in the input file
[M] - Mark transitions going to the g.s. by "X" (DRI>0) & "Y" (DRI blank)
The syntax to use in the [F] mode is simply "gabs -f myensdf.ens".
For further information see the NSDD 2019 presentation on GABS. Please report problems and suggestion to Tibor.Kibedi@anu.edu.au
- 2019-09 JAVA-NDS A few errors and bugs (mostly minor) have been reported and fixed, for example, incorrect arrows for decay modes in the skeleton drawing.
- 2019-5 BrIccMixing 64 bit executables, updated manual
- 2019-5 GABS new version under Testing/Validation tab
- 2019-04 Java NDS 1.9.22
- 2019-04 Java Ruler for testing/debugging
- Monte Carlo method for error propagation
- GUI window for plotting PDF of B(XL) from Monte-Carlo method
- GUI window for plotting comparisons of three approaches
- 2019-04 ConsistencyCheck for testing/debugging
- option ''.fed'' in main window for writing feeding gammas of all levels into an output file (Ninel)
- band labels of initial and final level of a feeding gamma in the display window and output file for feeding gammas (Jag)
- 2019-04 CheckKeyNumber for testing/debugging
- function to check possible missing references by searching NSR database and write them into the output (Jag and Balraj)
2019-03 J-GAMUT for testing/debugging:
A new version of J-GAMUT that treats very large files and includes an option for matching very closely-spaced level energies. A test case (Pt-190) is provided in the folder. Feedback on bugs, suggestions and comments should be sent to B.Singh
Alphad for testing/debugging:
ALPHAD code has been updated for recent official symbols for super-heavy elements Z=112-118. 2. In this package, some additional sample input files (pertaining to super-heavy nuclei) have been added just to test validity of code for newly added systems.
Alphad_RaDd for testing/debugging:
an updated version of even-even radius parameter file is included and official symbols for super-heavy elements Z=112-118 included.
2019-01 Ruler January 2019 :
the fundamental constants were updated with the most recent values. The subroutine to calculate the Weisskopf partial lifetimes was corrected. The logic of the error propagation of the individual gamma-ray branching ratios was modified to include the approach outlined by E. Browne (NIM A249 (1986) 461
- 2019-01 Fmtchk December 2018, bug fixes
- 2019-01 JAVA-NDS version 1.9_19 December 2018
2019-01 ALPHAD version V2d 29-12-2018
1. alpha record with no intensity: the record is now ignored for calculation of Abundance, Half-life and Hindrance .
2. bug fixing for radius parameter and Hindrance of unplaced alpha
- 2018-12 Java-Ruler Java version of Ruler code which has an improved treatment of uncertainties with respect to the old Ruler code. Comments and feedback should be sent to the code developer Jun Chen at: J.Chen
- 2018-12 ConsistenyCheck - beta version Comments and feedback should be sent to the code developer Jun Chen at: J.Chen
- 2018-11 JAVA-NDS version 1.8.1. Fix for reference list generation
- 2018-07 JAVA-NDS version 1.8
- 2018-04 ALPHAD-RadD - beta version This ALPHAD_RadD code is an extension of original ALPHAD code that automatically deduces radius parameter (r0) for odd-A and odd-odd alpha emitters, employing the April 2018 file of r0 parameters deduced for 182 even-even alpha emitters (an update of previous 1998 file 1998Ak04) by S. Dhindsa et al. Additionally, the code has an option of inputting user-supplied radius parameter. Note: some bugs in the original ALPHAD code have also been resolved.
- 2018-04 V.AveLib Update of the treatment of asymmetric uncertainties
- 2018-01 JAVA-NDS version 1.7
- 2017-11 ens2xls added to the Utilities. Updated version of Pandora and Alphad
- 2017-07 JAVA-NDS version 1.6 and xls2ens
- 2017-06 JAVA-NDS version 1.5_01
- 2017-05 JGAMUT under development, GABS, and ALPHA_new (ALPHAD+RadD) new versions
- 2017-04 BetaShape
Beta spectra calculations (developed by X. Mougeot, CEA-LHNB)
The BetaShape program has been developed to calculate log ft values as well as beta and neutrino spectra for single and multiple beta transitions from an improved theoretical model. A database of experimental shape factors is also included and the uncertainties from the input parameters are propagated.
The code can be downloaded from the LNHB web site
All feedback should be sent directly to Xavier Mougeot
- 2017-03 Java-nds
ENSDF publishing code
Java-nds produces Nuclear Data Sheets-like pdf file from a ENSDF input
- 2016-08 JGAMUT - under development
JGAMUT (written by Michael Birch, McMaster University) is a Java version of the old GAMUT code which produces an Adopted Levels, Gammas (ALG) dataset from all other input data sets. The purpose for such a code is - among others - to make producing an ALG dataset less labour-intensive for evaluators and more standardized among evaluators. Included in the zip files are the source code, executable jar file, user manual and example files. In addition, for those that work on any future development of the code, there is a "javadoc" in the "dist" folder which provides detailed information about the classes and methods defined in the source code. Instructions on how to install and use the code can be found in the manual. Questions, comments and suggestions related to these codes should be sent to Michael Birch firstname.lastname@example.org with CC to Balraj Singh email@example.com
- 2016-01-28 Fmtchk (Utility tab)
Removed check for NP to be equal to BR on N card.
Suppression of many warning messages, e.g., absence of MR for mixed multipolarities, Y2K check, messages when T, L, or S are relabeled, QP is negative.
The NNDCLIB library included in the package has been modified to compile with gfortran, intel fortran, LF 95 compilers on all platforms
- 2015-04-02 V.AveLib (Utility tab)
Averaging Experimental Values.
- 2015-04-02 GABS new version
In some cases the uncertainty of the normalised gamma intensity was incorrectly reported in the output ENSDF file: '**' was given instead of a numerical value.
Warning is given if no gamma transition is marked to be used for normalisation by inserting 'X' or 'Y' in column 79.
Old comment gamma records with the calculated normalised intensities are removed/replaced with new ones.
- 2015-03-10 RadD program added - Deduces radius parameters
Please address any issue regarding this page to firstname.lastname@example.org Last updating: 23 October 2019.
ENSDF Analysis Programs
When present, documentation is included in the compressed files
When present, documentation is included in the compressed file
New codes which are in beta versions or still under development and require further testing by the users.
Bugs or other problems should be sent to the code developers at the email address indicated.
Nuclear Structure Data File Library
This library consists of subprograms used by many of the ENSDF Analysis and Utility Programs. FORTRAN 77 and FORTRAN 90/95 versions of the library exist. Both contain string processing, which extend the capabilities of ANSI standard FORTRAN, number to string and string to number, and mathematical subprograms. The FORTRAN 90/95 version also has command-line interpreter, time and date, and sorting subprograms.FORTRAN 77 source code
FORTRAN 95 ANSI source code
FORTRAN 95 Linux make file
FORTRAN 95 Linux compressed file
FORTRAN 95 Windows source code This program, and all other NNDC distributed software, has been written in ANSI standard FORTRAN so as to be as machine independent as possible. However, there are places in the programs where nonstandard features of the FORTRAN language have to be used. As a result, some sections of the code are written in a machine dependent manner. The variant codes appropriate for particular computers have all been included in the program with the inappropriate code stored as comments. Program SETMDC will convert programs from one configuration to another so as to make machine portability as simple as possible.
* Includes: ALPHAD, GTOL, LOGFT, PANDORA, RadList, RULER, ENSDAT, FMTCHK
1. J.K. Tuli Evaluated Nuclear Structure Data File - A Manual for Preparation of Data Sets. National Nuclear Data Center, Brookhaven National Laboratory (February 2001), Brookhaven National Laboratory Report BNL-NCS-51655-01/02-Rev.